National Conference Presentations on Gynecologic Cancers
The American Society of Clinical Oncology met in June in Chicago , where doctors and researchers discussed the latest in the care of women with ovarian cancer. A few highlights:
- Affordable Care Act facilitates earlier diagnosis and treatment of ovarian cancer
- Medicaid expansion narrows racial gaps in access to timely ovarian cancer care
- Single-agent carboplatin not a good choice for elderly ovarian cancer patients
- Evaluating Olaparib for BRCA Wild-Type Platinum-Resistant Ovarian Cancer
- Benefit of Olaparib vs Chemo in Platinum-Sensitive Relapsed Ovarian Cancer
- Niraparib plus bevacizumab significantly improves PFS in platinum-sensitive recurrent ovarian cancer
Read about their findings at: https://ocrahope.org/2019/06/highlights-from-american-society-of-clinical-oncologys-annual-meeting/
Highlights from 2019 SGO Annual Meeting
In March, ovarian cancer researchers, clinicians and advocates gathered to attend the much-anticipated Society of Gynecologic Oncology’s (SGO) 50th Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer, to discuss the latest cutting edge research.
OCRA Research Advocate, Scientific Advisory Committee member, and ovarian cancer survivor Annie Ellis attended the meeting and wrote a report highlighting the most important and interesting presentations.
Video Highlights from the OCRA July 2019 National Conference in Seattle are available at:
Hear the latest ovarian cancer updates from expert researchers and practitioners. View the slides used by many of the presenters here: